Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

Read: March 28- April 3, 2011
read in a week
pages: 374



I really enjoyed this novel. I just fell in love the with the character Flavia Sabina De Luce. She is quirky, intelligent, strong and very witty. I loved watching as she thoughtfully deduced the mystery that unfolded not only in her back yard but those that lead her through her father's history and how he was connected to the crime. Added bonus for me was the setting of 1950's England = ) I look forward to joining this character on another adventure soon.

This was one case where merely browsing the shelves at the library and my attention was caught by the odd green of the binding. I pulled it out and was intrigued by the cover. Very nice design. I was attracted by the cover and this was one that did not disappoint! Highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...