Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Read: May 28-June 5, 2011
read in 9 days
pages: 303


I wanted to like this I really and truly did. I just didn't though. I wanted to read the whole series and see the movies but I'm thinking I'll have to settle with the movies. I've watched most of the movies and that was why I was going to read the novels. I hear from people that the series is great and I'm sure it is. Just not my cup of tea. I didn't like that I could predict what needed to be done or what would happen. I'm usually into the story enough that I can be surprised by the author's decision on where to go with the story. I'd rather be surprised and for parts I was not. I have heard for a while that a movie is in the works and that's exciting so maybe a visual will help me enjoy it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...