Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

Read: May 16-23, 2011
read in 8 days
pages: 276


I read the novel because I had been seeing the movie preview so much and it was actually on Netflix instant watch. So I read it and really really enjoyed the story. It was told from John's perspective an Army grunt before and after 9/11. Great characterization which tends to be typical of Sparks' work. I did try to sit down and watch the movie, but did not get past the first 3 minutes of it. Too much change for me to even consider ruining the image of the characters I had in my head from the novel. Sometimes the movie can be an extension of the characters and the stories, and sometimes it can completely change your thoughts on the novel. I'd rather keep my thoughts as they were than risk feeling differently. I recommend the novel and I'd like to revisit the novel one day.


Oh and sadly this was one instance that despite the fact that I really like the actors in the movie I just didn't give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...