Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell

Read: August 15-28, 2011
read in 13 days
pages: 400


Introducing Carrie Bradshaw! I've tried reading the Sex and the City book, and I got NO WHERE! I might be able to try again now that I've watched the ENTIRE series as I own it on DVD and have now read this book which is toted as a prequel to the novel. I'm not sure how that works as from what I understand about the Sex and the City book the novel is actually small essays written by Candace Bushnell in her early journalistic days. This prequel is about Carrie Bradshaw BEFORE New York City, which would in a way make the novel a bit autobiographical at least that is the way I would think it would work but not sure if that is really the case. Hmm anyways I like the character Carrie and ***SPOILER ALERT!!*** I love the ending and her calling up Samantha Jones!!! What a great way to end the novel and begin to introduced Samantha and the new world Carrie is about to enter!!

The prequel has a sequel and is a little miniseries with two novels. I'll be looking for the next novel because it looks like it could be getting to the good stuff. This will likely show how Carrie comes to meet Charlotte, Samantha (obviously) and Miranda.


Recommended to any fans of Sex and the City!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...