Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld

Read: July 3-7, 2011
read in 4 days
pages: 370


A continuation in the Uglies series. The books read really quickly there is little substance to them so there isn't a lot to really grapple with. The plot is continued that Tally agrees to go back to New Pretty Town and become "pretty" so that she can help test the drug that will hopefully work to revert some of the surgical alterations performed to make the "uglies" "pretty".

I was disappointed that the copy of the book I had bought at a used book sale was actually put together incorrectly. I had to read up to a certain page to find that between 30-40 pages were missing, and then the rest of the book was there. Crazy. And something I've never ever come across in all the reading I've done in my life. Strange.

I'm likely to finish the series but not likely to revisit any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...