Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Broken Teaglass by Emily Arsenault

Read: April 15-27, 2011
read in 18 days
pages: 384


Another great cover that attracted my attention. I picked this up at the same time I picked up Gone by Michael Grant. I was even reading them both at the same time. Somehow the Gone novel, despite my not caring for it all that much, I ended up spending more of my time with it and finished it sooner rather than read this one.

Interesting story concerning a dictionary publishing company. There are these files with words and how they were used. It made me think of the way we used to look for call numbers....you know the file system? Oh yeah that way. Being about the publishing field I was intrigued. Turns out there are these random everyday words that have these notations as being found in this novel called The Broken Teaglass. The book does not exist and this creates some interest for a couple of twenty-somethings working for the company. It was a bland, dry story. Not terrible, just not very memorable either. Only really recommended for people who are into publishing or books about the publishing world, books and words in general.

Great cover though = )

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...