Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier translated by Anthea Bell

Read: August 31-September 3, 2011
read in 4 days
pages: 324


LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! Can not wait for the next three books to be translated. Intrigue and all kinds of mystery involved. I liked the cover so I picked it up, read the back and was interested when I read that the premise had time-travel. Not just time travel....but a TIME TRAVEL GENE! Okay now you have my attention, because not only now are you throwing in an interesting plot there is some serious potential of historical facts and period type action thrown in. Likable characters with some not so likable characters as well. Not that the characters are badly written, because they are not, the author just does well with making the other characters unlikable in terms of the characteristics. Nice little twist, and a teaser ending. Makes me wish I didn't have to wait til Spring 2012 for the next book in the series to be translated and released. Makes me wish MORE that I knew how to read GERMAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...