Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Will Always Love You by Cecily von Ziegesar

Read: September 15-21, 2011
read in a week
pages: 400

I Will Always Love You (Gossip Girl, #12)


I'd have to say after reading the last of the series in a fairly consecutive order with little other material in between, things flowed nicely, but the repetitiveness and the name dropping did get old REAL quick. I can happily say I'm done with the series, with the exception of the prequel. I'm going to hold off reading it and read other novels for the time being. I need a bit more substance!


With this novel it didn't feel like the author was grabbing at straws as much. This novel felt much closer to the first few books in the series, so I enjoyed it a bit more than the last few. Some of the plot lines were still a bit far fetched, and I did find it a bit easy that the "couple" of the past made a reappearance. I felt that was too easy in that the author could have switched things up a bit better. The Blair and Chuck coupling was a nice change of pace, for me unexpected and it worked. At first I wasn't sure, but it worked in the end for the time being.  Overall I'd say this novel didn't seem as bad as the last book. The last one was just terrible in my personal opinion. 


The format of the book was something I liked. The novel was broken down into four sections, and I liked the idea of strictly coming back to the characters at the same time four times for their college years rather than be bored with their day to day going to classes spread across the world and there would have required too much jumping around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...