Wednesday, June 6, 2012

LZR-1143: Perspectives by Bryan James

Read: June 5-6, 2012
read in a couple hours
pages: 63



Wow, now that was intense. Great freebie from Amazon.com 

I'm not a huge fan of horror and I've never read a zombie book, so this was my first. What the short stories did very well was create tension. I was tense the entire time I read this. And it was compelling enough that they kept me reading. It was a train wreck I literally couldn't stop reading and I couldn't put it down. The worst part was silly me decided to start reading this late last night before bed because I honestly did not know what to expect. I still did not expect what I got from the stories. I feel like I'm never going to be able to get to sleep in a couple hours as it is now. The images and the descriptions of the carnage was enough to cause my skin to crawl and cause me to look over my shoulder at every little creak in the house.

I'm not sure I can pick up another book like this. I recommend it though to anyone who would enjoy a small collection of stories that are incredibly tense. If you enjoy zombie books and this is to weak for you, then kudos to you and I hope to steer clear of those that make you tense up!

3 comments:

  1. Love your review. I'm reading a Zombie book right now and it is for sure different. The Bookish Brunette is a huge Zombie fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so hooked I couldn't put it down, but I tell you what the images sure played with my mind for a couple days now! I'll have to check out The Bookish Brunette's page.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, you are brave! I am not a big fan of hardcore zombie books, especially reading them at night. I'm glad you enjoyed this so much. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...