Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Read: July 19-23, 2011
read in 5 days
pages: 411




Not bad.  I was intrigued by the concept.  It sounded a bit like the Time Traveler's Wife in a way but for teens.  The difference is that its reincarnation rather than simply moving through time.  So maybe its nothing like the Time Traveler's Wife.

Ah well anyways, I did like the book.  Liked the characters. What I really liked about the book is that the story was able to make me feel something.  I was so mad at the end, let's say within the last 10 pages or so when Iain is thought to have died in the fire, I was ready to throw the book across the room (luckily for the book, and for the wall Iain does appear after all). I completely understand it makes total sense given the premise that at times Constance and Ethan are unable to be together for whatever reason and history is repeating itself...but sheesh why write a novel that is going to repeat the past you harp on throughout the book???

Anyways the author did give a satisfactory ending and I enjoyed the book.  I'm not likely to read any further, as I see as per usual this is turning into a series which is so typical of teen books lately, because well things wrapped the way I wanted and I don't feel the need to continue further with these characters.  Quick read, and I'd recommend it to others who like teen novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...