Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fade by Lisa McMann

Read: September 4-5, 2011
read in a day
pages: 248


Well I liked Fade, but it was not as good as the first one. It took me about 80 pages in to get hooked to this one. The narrative didn't bother me with this one since I picked this one up literally seconds after finishing Wake. I still liked the characters and their interactions with each other. I liked the development of the characters and seeing them deal with their demons. Didn't care as much for the plot line of this one as I did with the first one. Mostly with Fade what I liked was when Janie read Martha Stubin's green notebook and Janie discovers what her future will be like if she chooses the continue down the path she is currently on as a Dream Catcher. I found this very creative on the part of the writer.

Intriguing, but not sure at this point if I'll want to read the third installment.

I've read some reviews about the third novel and I really don't see myself reading it. Not that I take other reviews entirely to mean whether I will or will not like something or even give something a try, but from what I gather about the third novel is that the characterization of the characters Janie and Cabel is so completely opposite of the first two and could make me dislike one or both of them, I think I'd much rather keep the feelings I have for them and not see where this final novel leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...