Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fifty Shaes of Grey by E.L. James

Read: November 1, 2012 - January 5, 2013
read: TOO FREAKING LONG 
pages: 385

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)

So I decided to jump on the bandwagon and see just what the deal was with this book. I am still waiting to see what the big deal is. I'm not going to bash the book (too much), the author or anyone out there who enjoyed it. That's great for all of them and to each their own, but I just did not care for the book myself. I will not be giving the next book a try because I honestly didn't like the characters. I wanted to slap Anastasia for being dumb and ask her why the heck she didn't run screaming when she first met Christian. Cute and oh my goodness beauty only carries a person so far in my opinion. When you are a straight up arrogant jerk with issues you claim to be "50 shades of fucked up" well that would be a pretty strong indication that attempting a relationship with this man is not a good idea....let alone the fact that it would be YOUR FIRST RELATIONSHIP WITH A MAN!!!! Oh and that little inner goddess.....yeah that bitch has to go. Anastasia is juvenile at best and I don't see any growth potential in her or Christian for that matter.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I like someone who can just be honest about their feelings, despite the general consensus. I can't enjoy a book if I can't like any of the characters.

    ReplyDelete

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...