Saturday, April 6, 2013

Speaking from Among the Bones by Alan Bradley

Read: February 21- March 14, 2013
read: too long
pages: 378

Speaking from Among the Bones (Flavia de Luce, #5 )

I absolutely LOVE this series. I still am so incredibly happy to have stumbled on this wonderful series!! I adore Flavia and her spunk. I anxiously wait for the moment she actually does poison one of her sisters....

Once again Flavia is on the case to solve another murder mystery that has occurred in Bishop's Lacey. I was entertained as I always am, but this one did take me a bit longer to get into the flow and to get myself committed to the story. Once again I did not take notes, which I do in a way regret and I am quite a few weeks out from finishing the novel so I can't recall everything completely clear, however this book, like the previous in the series, does have its own stand alone mystery, but contains elements that add to the arching plot line of the characters and the family's struggles with finances.

BUT this book, unlike the others has left us with quite the cliffhanger that I honestly can say I NEVER saw coming. I remember sitting there reading the last pages and saying WHAT?!?!?!?! Yeah I won't give it away, but if you are following this series you had to have had the same reaction I did!! Once again I will be anxiously waiting for the next book in the series and can't wait to follow my favorite 12 year old sleuth on her next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...