Saturday, April 6, 2013

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum #1) by Janet Evanovich

Read: January 16-22, 2013
read: a week
pages: 320

One For The Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)

This series was recommended to me by a favorite coworker. We are always talking books. She recommended this series because she said its fun and at times just laugh loud out funny. The movie was also enjoyable so I also tried that. Sadly I made it through about 40 minutes and gave up on the movie. I just wasn't entertained. The characters, while likable enough, I even like Katherine Heigl, but the male characters just did not fit what I had envisioned in my mind. But my coworker warned me of this possibility.

Overall though the book is entertaining although there are some glaringly obvious points where the book is starting to show its age....the description of the cell phones and simple things like when the character refers to her "pocket book"....yeah its a purse now and "pocket book" just sounds like something my Granny would have said! Either way I'll likely keep reading the series if nothing else for the entertainment value. I don't feel I'm wasting my time when I'm reading it, and they read quick enough. I'd recommend the book if you are looking for something quick, humorous and fluffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...