Saturday, April 6, 2013

Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

Read: March 31-April 2, 2013
read in 3 days
pages: 276

Always a Witch (Witch, #2)

In all honesty I had totally forgotten about this duo-logy. Not because the first one Once a Witch was bad, I actually really enjoyed the first book, but because I for some reason forgot to look up the next book after I finished the first one! The thing that struck me first as odd with this second book was the fact that the cover of this novel does not at all jive with the characterization of Tamsin the main character. The girl was described in the first book as having really curly un-tamable hair and the cover somewhat hints to that. This cover however depicts a young woman with straight black hair. A little different....um yeah a lot different. Silly to notice things like that I know BUT things like the cover are some of what draw my attention!!

Anyways the elements from the last book that I enjoyed are also found in this book as well. The time travel and the characters. I genuinely liked the characters the first time round so it was fun reading about them again.

In this book the struggle continues with the character Alistair and his quest to find the Domani and prevent the Greene family from creating it. His goal is to ensure the power is never taken from the Knight family and their days of torture and experiments are allowed to continue. So with this book the premise is for Tamsin to go back in time just before the Domani is created and help warn the Greene's, her ancestors, of the plot the Knight family has in the works. There were a lot of new characters introduced from the 1899 time period in particular the Knight family and some noteworthy characters in the Greene family. The glaring difference between the Greene family and the Knight family is that the powers that the Knights possess are much different than those in Tamsin's family. In addition the Knight family use their powers for darker purposes.

Although this book provides a satisfactory conclusion I'm a little disappointed that this is the end. As I said I really liked the characters and would like to see what happens to Tamsin in the future after her climactic ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...