Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Read: January 9-14, 2012
read: 6 days
pages: 291


This was great! I loved Eric and Sookie! I almost wish she had told him what happened while he was "dead to the world" but I think this could still come out at a later time. I agree with a co-worker/friend that this does feel like two shorter novels shoved together as one. The whole thing with Eric was great on its own, and the stuff with Jason well it was ok. Would have been better and felt more cohesive if the two plots were somehow connected. They aren't and it really caused a disjointed effect. So yes Melody I agree reading the "Eric parts" would not be a bad way to read the book and would not feel as though you were missing anything in the story. You would be getting the best parts though!! And honestly is there anything else that really progresses Sookie's personal story besides that portion? Not really. We were just introduced to more characters, crazy inbred characters at that, but just a new cast within Bon Temps.

I'm going to take a short break from Sookie and read something else. I've already started the something else and I'm really liking it so far. PLUS it was a FREE book on AMAZON! Even better. Free books sure make me happy! After this one though I might go back to Sookie for another round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...