Monday, January 9, 2012

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

read: January 7-9, 2012
read in three days
pages: 274



Ok, so now I like Bill less. I totally didn't see him pulling the cheater crap, but I'm so glad Sookie seems to be sticking to her guns and is going to end things with him. She sure took quite a beating and all for the vamp who cheated on her and was going to leave her without having a talk with her about it. And I have to say I really LOVED it when she flipped him the bird. As banged up as she was and she was struggling with her emotions so much this whole book, that it was really fitting. I'm rooting for Eric now, which he's always been just on the perimeter anyways. In the end although she rescinded the vamp's to be in her home. I was really hoping she would allow Eric to stay. I wondered what he could read of her emotions on that one. I think it shocked him to say the least!

I do wish the writing was a bit better. The author's habit of using "this night" for tonight is really annoying. I'm trying not to re-read a sentence with a different word thinking it sounded better, BUT at the same time I'm very much hooked. I like the characters and the world they are in. Its a very interesting take on vamps being out in the open and known about.

On to book 4! It's time for some Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...