Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris

Read: January 20-25, 2012
read in 5 days
pages: 295


I'm not really sure why I didn't get around to writing a review on this. I remember now that I enjoyed the book. And kept waiting for Eric to recover his memory over the time he spent with Sookie, but alas he does not. He does however learn of it through Sookie in a form of blackmail by helping to save her friend Tara. So in a way he learns about it I just wish he would come to the realization himself as well so that he can remember details rather than the fairly tame version she reluctantly gave him. I'll just keep waiting then I guess. I'm worried the fact that I'm reading book 6 right now is affecting my review for this one and really should have wrote a review sooner, however I JUST now remembered I hadn't wrote one! Book 6 is revealing some new info that is changing my views on a certain character!

This book spent more time revolving around Jason and his being lost somewhere. Which we find out he was kidnapped by a jealous were-panther who spent the time biting Jason attempting to turn him into a were-panther. Turns out he succeeded and in he end Jason is newly inducted into this strange world of sups that Sookie has been immersed in since well the first book. Also the competition for the wolf pack leader. Brutal in parts to say the least, but I suppose at some point Sookie having been a witness to it will all make more sense than just being a supporter of Alcide's side. Nice introduction of Quinn, although I'm not sure I get the appeal of him, but Sookie does. No matter I'm still rooting for Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...