Friday, February 10, 2012

The Devil's Kitchen by Alison DeLuca

Read: February10-15, 2012
read in 6 days
pages: 187


Much much much better than the first!! I really enjoyed this one over the first. For starters the weaving of the character events from chapter to chapter worked so much better not only for the pacing of the events but it felt more fluid reading it. The first book felt like I was chopped off from Simon and Miriam after they were kidnapped and a great deal of time was spent with Neil and Riki on the island while rescuing Mana.

The ending of Devil's Kitchen felt a little rushed in terms of how things were wrapped up. Everything seemed to simple. The dealings with the headmasters were believeable, but the dealings with the Marchpanes and the Cantwells felt like things were way to simple. Dealing with the fact that the pair were producing a drug that they were actively administering and testing on people felt to be much greater than a simple "ok stop that now".

Overall this book had a lot more errors which was incredibly disappointing give the fact that I got to 50% of the way through the first book before having found an error. Despite that fact though I will give it much more props over the first as it flowed much better. I look forward to reading more from this author, I'm so glad to have found her books on Amazon and at the time they were free!! Always a plus to read FREE books and to find a new indie author! The snippet of Devil's Kitchen titled the Lamplighter looked like it dealt with the same characters so I'll be looking for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...