Sunday, October 9, 2011

To Read List and Such

I'm nearly done reading A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly, and will likely have a posting for that tomorrow afternoon. Wow. I'm having a hard time putting it down when I pick it up. (I only set it down this time because its a tough moment for Mattie and I couldn't get my own emotions in check, so I'm going to pick it up again before bed.)

What a great story though. There is a lot going on and the book tries to tackle a lot of things. I'm enjoying the characters MUCH more than her novel Revolution. I could start reviewing it now although I have less than a hundred pages left. I'll wait though because I have a few quotes that I want to mention that caught me.

On another book related note, I ordered a copy of the book The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern from Amazon.com and I can't wait to get it in my hands. I heard about it a few weeks back on NPR when they had interviewed her. From the sounds of it the premise of a circus that only starts after dark I was intrigued, and then when she described the look of the book I knew I needed to see it first-hand. I'm sure it could be one of those false misleading books that have BEAUTIFUL covers and really not be too great to read, but since I was able to pay NOTHING for it thanks to my rewards on my Amazon card I thought why not?!



I've compiled a to-read list for the next few weeks, likely to last this month and quite possibly take me into next month as well. Its not set in stone or anything just a potential direction for my reading habit. I like a goal so.....and a portion of the list is......in no particular order........











I'm also at some point going to be reading Bel Ami by Guy de Maupassant because I have every intention of seeing the film because well.............


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...