Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson

Read: October 10-14, 2011
Read for 4 days - ABANDONED not finished
pages read: 78



This reads very much like a text book. I have given up and will not be finishing the book. I just can't get through the book. The characters are incredibly flat. This is not so much a young adult book as it is a grade school book. It is educational in terms of one young girls experiences during the plaque that took over PA, and would be a great historical introduction for the younger crowd it is intended for.

I do have intentions on reading her novel "Speak" however to see if the hype over it is true and whether it really is that great of a novel or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...