Sunday, June 9, 2013

Writ in Stone (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #2) by Stefan Petrucha

Read: June 9, 2013
read in under an hour
pages: 96

Writ in Stone (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #2)

Book blurb:

It's double trouble for Nancy and her friends, when an ancient artifact and a little boy are both suddenly missing.  The artifact is a piece of an old stone marker that may prove that the Chinese were in America eighty years before Columbus.  The little boy is Owen Zucker, a sweetie who Nancy sometimes baby-sits.  Nancy's determined to recover both the artifact and little Owen, but someone's out to stop her—permanently! 

I don't generally like to start reading in the middle of a series, but given this was a stand alone mystery I was ok with starting with book 2 rather than be a stickler and NEEDING to read book 1 first. 

This was my first encounter with Nancy Drew and sure it was not a Nancy Keene novel it was a graphic novel, but I found this entertaining enough. I even enjoyed the story!! I really liked the character Nancy and her knack at solving crimes. Though she seems to be pretty scatter brained in her everyday life she is observant of details and is tireless when it comes to solving her mysteries.

Though the original series of novels were written prior to many of the scientific and technological advances we have now this story contains many modern items that help Nancy in her quest. I like the updated content and look forward to possibly comparing the novels and the graphic novels.

This is a relatively short book and was worth the read. Since I liked it so much I am glad I picked up a handful of these books at the library yesterday. I think I found a new guilty pleasure!! Stay tuned for more Nancy Drew.....in graphic novel and novel format!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...