Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Haunted Dollhouse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels #3) by Stefan Petrucha

Read: June 15, 2013
read in under an hour
pages: 96

The Haunted Dollhouse (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #3)

Book blurb:

To celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Nancy Drew, this graphic novel features many subtle tributes to classic Nancy Drew adventures. River Heights is celebrating 'Nostalgia Week' and everyone in town is dressing up and acting like it was 1930 - including Nancy, Bess, and George! Wait till you see Nancy in her roadster! But when scenes of crimes displayed in Emma Blavatsky's antique dollhouse start coming true, Nancy has a full-blown mystery on her hands! Nancy's shocked when she stakes out the dollhouse, and witnesses a doll version of herself murdered! Will that scene become reality too?! 

Ok, now THIS is my favorite so far in the Nancy Drew graphic novels. I know I really enjoyed Dress Reversal and thought it was my favorite, but this novel with its added element of nostalgia in honor of celebrating 75 years of Nancy Drew and my love of antiques and things of the past made reading this novel that much more fun!! Just like the other graphic novels Nancy does solve a mystery and there are added elements where Nancy will give insight and information concerning pieces of the case or just little random interesting factoids. This novel was no different. These factoids just interested me more given the factoids reference the 1930's!! From the sayings to the old style of dress and the complete abandonment of the modern technology, this book is perfect for the nostalgic side of me!! After reading this novel I'm really excited to start the actual first 1930's Nancy Drew mystery novel that I just picked up from the library this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...