Sunday, June 9, 2013

True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics #1) by Alan Ball

Read: June8-9, 2013
read in a couple hours
pages: 160

True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)

Book blurb:

Blood and sex mix on a hot rainy night at Merlotte's, when Sookie and her friends are trapped by a vengeful spirit who feeds on shame. People die and dirty secrets are revealed as Sookie, Bill, Eric, Sam, Tara, Jason, and Lafayette and are all coerced to dig deep and tell painful memories from their past....those things we all have locked within us that we never tell another living soul! Bon Temps, Louisiana has never been stranger, or more twisted, in a story co-plotted by True Blood series creator Alan Ball, with a script by David Tischman (Bite Club) and Mariah Huehner, and lush art by David Messina (Star Trek: Countdown).

I'd say this was just OK. This is clearly written by the tv show crew and NOT by Charlaine Harris. The story is a bit ridiculous even for the Sookie Stackhouse crew. The plot revolves around one night in Merlotte's bar where the gang is held captive inside by this strange squid like creature. It reads like an episode of the tv show, which I'm sort of glad I've never broken down and watched. I enjoy the books and will stick to those rather than the visual and physical embodiment of the characters. Though I admit I wouldn't mind watching Eric Northman...aka Alexander Skarsgard......



Fans of the show and maybe fans of the novels would likely enjoy this. I saw that there are more comic books, but my library does not carry them. I'm not too disappointed with this as I'm not entirely sure I would enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...