Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Red Herring without Mustard by Alan Bradley

Read: April 4-8, 2012
read in 4 days
pages: 391


Another mystery solved by the amazing Flavia de Luce. I've found there are mysteries to her life as well that she doesn't know of or even know she will one day find the need to discover. I've been stumped on the connection of the Buckshaw home being in the de Luce family which is her mother's maiden name, yet also her married name. I'm thinking there is a good chance that her parents were distant cousins or somehow other wise related. After emailing the author hoping for an answer....I was told it is in the books and he doesn't want to spoil the enjoyment of the story. Ok fine I'll take that, but admit it does frustrate me and is quite distracting. It is hard to think of Flavia's great Uncle Tar de Luce as being Harriet's relative, but I'm hoping that mystery is solved.

I already have I'm Half-Sick of Shadows the fourth book in the series waiting for me, as I knew I should get 2-4 when I found them at the library during my last visit, so that may be started tonight or tomorrow. Either way I'm excited to start another journey with Flavia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...