Sunday, April 22, 2012

It Had to be You by Cecily Von Ziegesar

Read : December  30-April 17, 2012
read in WAY TOO LONG!
pages:  416


I put this book down for a LONG time and then finally came back to it. It was typical of the rest of the series and it was fairly quick moving but the series had really lost my interest. I just don't care much for the characters any more and partly with this one had to do with the fact that this book was set when the characters were young teens. Having read the rest of the series I could tolerate them the older they got and they attitudes changed. This little bitchy rant of Blair's through the whole novel was a major annoyance. Ugh I'm going to leave it at I'm glad I can finally say I'm done with the series. I wanted to say I finished it. There. Done. I remember being surprised with the end and seeing who ended up with who, so to see the beginning wasn't a huge shocker as it followed the rest of the series. I don't feel it set much up as it stated it would aside from the Serena and Nate bit. Honestly that could have been a flash back moment for Serena in one of the other novels we didn't really need another new novel. I was annoyed that the book went on and on for over 400 pages. Really? I mean the usual 200 would have sufficed. The Nate and Serena was all that needed setting up if that was it was claiming to do. And THAT wasn't even seen until the last 10 page. That annoyed me the most. I hate a tease!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...