Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Little Night Magic by Lucy March

Read: April 17-21, 2012
read in 5 days
pages: 310


The book was OK. I didn't care to finish it honestly, but I stuck with it thinking it could get better. There wasn't any real tension. Live struggles with the new magic she discovers she has. She learns her father was a magical and so was her sister whom she never knew existed. There are apparently two different kinds of magic either day magic or night magic. Liv is day magic meaning her magic only works at day time. Everyone has different powers and can do different things. Liv can cause any item she concentrates on to become a woodland creature or really any animal by the end. The cutest thing she does is create a little mug bunny - a mug transformed into a bunny complete with floppy ears, fluffy tail and twitchy nose. It apparently requires no food or any other real care than making sure it doesn't all down the stairs AGAIN and bust off its handle that forms its little tail.

The climax is lacking tension. I didn't feel the need to keep reading to reach the conclusion there was nothing pulling me to the ending. I kept reading but I knew what was going to happen. I figured Tobias would fulfill his role as hero and guess what...HE DID! Hey I predicted the end! Oh well sometimes it happens and I don't usually mind all that much. The story overall was just OK. I wouldn't highly recommend it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...