Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Long Live the Queen (The Immortal Empire #3) by Kate Locke

Read: November 26-December 6, 2013
read in 11 days
pages: 311

Long Live the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #3)

Book blurb:

Xandra Vardan thought life would be simpler when she accepted the goblin crown and became their queen, but life has only become more complicated. Everyone -- vampires, werewolves and humans -- wants the goblins on their side, because whoever has the goblins -- wins. 

Queen Victoria wants her head, Alpha wolf Vex wants her heart, and she still doesn't know the identity of the person who wanted her blood. What she does know is that a project from one of the 'secret' aristocrat labs has gotten free and she's the only one who can stop the perfect killing machine -- a sixteen year-old girl. With human zealots intent on ridding the world of anyone with plagued blood and supernatural politics taking Britain to the verge of civil war, Xandra's finding out that being queen isn't all it's cracked up to be, and if she doesn't do something fast, hers will be the shortest reign in history. 
The fantastic conclusion to the series that started with the spectacular undead steampunk debut, God Save the Queen and The Queen is Dead.

The conclusion to the series, and honestly I'm glad. This was not my favorite series because I was fooled into thinking this was steampunk when in reality it is not. Far from it in fact. Just some world building and cool gadgets that are suspiciously just like what we have in modern times. All in all I'd say the series is entertaining I guess. I really kept reading because I liked the male love interest. His name alone makes you take notice: Vexation "Vex" MacLaughlin. He's a super sexy Alpha Were that was hands down my favorite character. I liked him better than the lead character Xandra because she is run by her emotions and gets herself into these messes or situations she never needed to be in.

Would I recommend?? Yes. IF you've read the others in the series and want to know what happens in the end. Would I continue on the off chance that more come from this series....eh I'd be very hard to persuade....

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...