Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Envy by Gregg Olsen

Read: December 22-27, 2013
read in 6 days
pages: 285

Envy (Empty Coffin, #1)

Book Blurb:

Crime lives--and dies--in the deceptively picture-perfect town of Port Gamble (aka “Empty Coffin”), Washington. Evil lurks and strange things happen--and 15-year-olds Hayley and Taylor Ryan secretly use their wits and their telepathic “twin-sense” to uncover the truth about the town's victims and culprits. 
 

Envy, the series debut, involves the mysterious death of the twins' old friend, Katelyn. Was it murder? Suicide? An accident? Hayley and Taylor are determined to find out--and as they investigate, they stumble upon a dark truth that is far more disturbing than they ever could have imagined.

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. I was unsure what to expect because I did not know anything about it, just that this was a very creepy cover. However I found that I was sucked in very quickly and DID NOT SEE THIS ENDING COMING! I liked the twins and their eerie connection to each other and ability to see things. I'm still debating if I want to go further since it is a series. I liked the idea of the novel ending where it did rather than the twins continuing to solve crimes or mysteries. I liked that there was a connection between these girls and the crime in this novel. From what I read of the next book I'm not sure I'm really interested.

1 comment:

  1. Good review. If I like the way a book ends, I'll happily just consider it a one-off instead of the beginning of a series. I may have to give this one a shot.

    ReplyDelete

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...