Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris

Read: July 16-21, 2013
read in 7 days
pages: 475

Dead Ever After

Book blurb:

Sookie Stackhouse finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte's. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance...and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated. 
Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.
But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she'll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough...

Finally the last novel. I wasn't even aware this was out until I was doing some random book researching and discovered it was to be out a couple months ago. So I log into the library app and request it. Quite surprised to only find 28 people on hold before me and that the library had bought so few copies. Strange given how popular the series was or at least I thought it was.

This was an ok book. I didn't find it fabulous, but it wasn't terrible. I guess I'm ok with the way things turned out. Some of the aspects were a little disappointing and I expected a slightly different end to things, but as Charlaine Harris explains in the notes at the beginning of the book she could not make everyone happy; she had to follow through with the ending she believed to fit. Course that didn't stop her from writing yet ANOTHER book to show what happens after the FINAL book. I have that book on hold too and may just flip through it when it comes in at the library. It sounds like it is more a guide book to what happens to the characters not an actual novel. I don't care for guide books or a recounting of the characters in a series. If it is not story that actually progresses the overall story then I don't spend time on it.

I'd recommend to others who have been reading the series if for nothing else than a conclusion as to what happens. Its much like the other novels so if you at all enjoyed them, then you're likely to enjoy this one as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...