Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sweet Dreams are Made of This.....

So I went to the annual YMCA book fair last weekend and I always love going because I find so many books I remember from my childhood and from my teen years. I especially love finding the old teen romance books that are what had me so interested in reading when I was around 12. I remember devouring one of these IN A DAY over the summer! I've not read any of these in years but I think I will have to revisit them just because I'm curious. 

Now I admit I'm bummed because to save space I did let go of all the ones I originally had and have since been unable to locate all of those same titles, but I have since found a few of them in the past couple of sales at the YMCA. I'm not sure who here in St. Louis still has them and how they wind up finding their way back into the sale each year, but I think it is awesome!

The photo below was the few I found last year. I really should have known about the adult romance table last year! I think I might have found more!

I am always able to find them scattered in little clusters among the young adult tables. THIS year however I happened to glance across the paperback romance books and lo and behold I find a big chunk! I was super excited and grabbed all I could find as I scoured the romance section. Future reference....check ADULT romance section as well as YOUNG ADULT! 

So I thought I would share a snap shot of my loot from this year and I'm interested in what books got other people reading as kids/young adults? For me it was these Sweet Dreams, Wildfire, and Silhouette romances that started it; I then later branched into the Baby Sitter Club much to my librarians chagrin I might add! She hated those books and always encouraged me and my friends to check out ANYTHING else but those darn books!

 The photo below is from this year. I got a lot more this year especially after finding them in the adult section. I had three from young adult the rest were in the wrong area!

Anyone else read these or recognize them? I am a child of the 80's so these are dated but they were sweet little innocent reads and I adored them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...