Tuesday, July 10, 2012

All You Desire by Kirsten Miller

Read: July 5-10, 2012
read in 5 days
pages: 423




Book synopsis blurb:

Haven Moore and Iain Morrow have been living a blissful life in Rome, an ocean way from the Ouroboros Society and its diabolical leader. But paradise is not to last. The mysterious disappearance of Haven's best friend, Beau, sends the pair running back to New York, where they encounter the Horae, an underground group of women who have spent centuries scheming to destroy Adam Rosier. Only they can help Haven uncover the secret to Beau's whereabouts in one of her past lives. But their help comes at a price: Haven must infiltrate the Ouroboros Society, charm Adam Rosier, and lure him into a trap. It's a plan the Horae believe will save the world-but Haven and Iain fear that it may destroy the happiness they've been chasing for two thousand years. 

I decided to go ahead and pick up the second book in this series. I really enjoyed the first book and for me the ending was enough of the story that I didn't feel I needed to read any further with these characters....but I caved and did it anyway. I didn't have super high hopes because I didn't think that the story needed any more telling. For me it felt complete. 

When I started reading this book I realized one of the reasons I really liked this book. The characters or at least the relationships between the characters. I really like the character Iain. He and Haven make a great couple and I can buy into the whole being soul mates with one another. The reincarnation aspect was the other part of the book that I really liked. I just like the idea of there being people who have lived past lives. Granted its not possible that I am aware of, but it makes for an interesting aspect to the story.

There is a great mystery story to this novel which was great. At first I was a little worried that I figured out what was going to happen before the ending, but I didn't. Well I had the gist anyways but no clues that lead to the solving of the mystery. The novel was written well with this because even the characters were in the dark and had no idea who they could trust. This second book introduces a new cast of additional characters and the ending sets the story up for an additional novel should the writer decide to continue. I have a feeling that there will be because the new mystery has me wishing I knew what happens next!

Overall not a bad read. Wasn't my favorite this year and I'm not likely to re-read it, but I'd recommend it to those who read and enjoyed the first book The Eternal Ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...