Monday, July 23, 2012

Dear Me: A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old Self edited by Joseph Galliano

Read: July 22-23, 2012
read in a  few hours
pages: 134


This was a very quick read. I'm not entirely sure what I really expected from it. I guess maybe some interesting insight into people who are now well known accomplished people. I enjoyed a few letters more than others, but overall it is an ok read. I think aside from getting an insight into these well known people and to see what kind of advice or wisdom they would like to have known then is the fact that this is written in letter form. I always like to read letters in books and this was a really great set up.

I enjoyed the letters by J.K. Rowling, Jodi Picoult, Cassandra Peterson a.k.a. Elvira, Rose McGowan, James Belushi, Moon Zapp, Jenna Elfman, Michelle Rodriguez, ugh ok I'm not listing anymore...that was a lot of name dropping for sure. Either way the letters accomplish what I hope was their goal in that there are small nuggets of genuine insight that these people wish they could impart to their younger self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...