Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sh*t my dad says by Justin Halpern

Read: July 16-17, 2012
Read : in a few hours
Pages: 159


Another quick little read. Some phrases made me laugh out loud while others were just humorous. I kept thinking over and over this poor kid. Wow, I can't imagine who would make this kind of stuff up. This has to be non-fiction. I thought David Sedaris had some stuff to deal with....

The intro and the last story frame the book very well, and I really liked the layout. The stories are interspersed with funny little phrases his dad said on a variety of topics. I think of the stories though my favorite would have to be the one about Angus. I felt so sorry for the little guy when Halpern returned home from work. Luckily things worked out in the end for both parties.

Fair warning while this is a funny book I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone. If you are offended by foul language, crude comments and shy away from blunt honesty....well just don't bother. Also if you are offended by curse words this one is not for you. I think Halpern's fathers favorite words are f*ck, sh*t, and @$$hole. No joke. And he couldn't give a you know what whether that is acceptable or if that fact bothers you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...