Thursday, June 28, 2012

Juicy Pens Thirsty Paper: Gifting the World with Your Words and Stories, and Creating the Time and Energy to Actually Do It by SARK

Read: June 27, 2012
read in an hour
pages: 192


This has to be one of the best finds I've literally stumbled upon in the library! I love when I just start wandering around searching for one thing and find something else that I end up loving!

One of the most inspirational books I've read in a long time, or maybe ever. I admit my mood was in a funk for a couple days....I read this and not only get sucked into it but I get this urge to start writing! I've wanted to write and toy around with the idea of writing more than just these blogs and reviews, and here now that I've read this book I'm thinking even more that I need to get STARTED!! I mean even if I don't write whatever it is I decide to write and don't intend to publish it....well I should STILL write it! 

The one of the last novels I read mentioned something about how it is common for authors to carry around a notebook and paper to write down phrases or ideas that they read in one novel that catch them or inspire them. And I realize that I have been doing this for a very long time. I just never really thought about WHY it is that I do it. I'm pretty inspired now to write, now if only I could figure out WHAT to write!

 I enjoyed the layout of the book. The colorful writing, the random little pictures, and inspirational quotes. Apparently the author writes the first few drafts of all of her books by HAND and from the looks of it with a sharpie or some kind of marker. Very creative. I wish I had a vision like hers. I'll be picking up more of her books and I recommend others do as well!! I've included a couple of my favorite quotes below that I snapped photos of.

Below....this one seems particular fitting given the venue of choice for a blog = )



One of my favorite quotes in the book that I thought oh my goodness I feel the exact same way was that I thought OH MY GOODNESS I FEEL THE SAME WAY:
"Journals and Blank books are inviting containers for our writings. Some of us feel hesitant write in new journals "because they are so nice," but its really because we feel that our writing isn't as good as the journal. Are those blank pages really that valuable?"
I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...