Monday, May 27, 2013

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Read: May 13-26, 2013
read in 13 days
pages: 568

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

Wow, I have been waiting for this book for so long now! I finished Clockwork Prince back in November 2011....that's a long time to wait for a series, well for me anyways. I'm used to catching on after a series is pretty well established before I pick it up.

So was it worth the wait??? 

Sure I enjoyed the book. 

Did things happen the way I wanted them???

No not entirely, but things were not unsatisfactory either. I liked how the ending worked out and the Epilogue worked as well for me since I got both endings I really wanted, maybe not necessarily in the order I had hoped, but things worked well.

There were a few points I felt were a little predictable, and a couple nice twists that I wasn't expecting. I sort of ruined the ending in a way for myself because I was looking on line trying to get an idea of these surnames and how they all link within this Shadowhunter world and discovered the ending or at least the romantic ties anyways which really ruined things for me as it made things pretty certain. But as I said the Epilogue worked to give me the endings I wanted. I'd still like to see the family tree for the Shadowhunters as I believe this copy was to have, but being a copy from the library if it was an extra part of their book they must have removed it. This copy being a Collector's First Edition makes me believe there surely should have been extra material.

So I did some searching and TA-DA!!! Its the family tree...course it would have ruined it for me....but I like to look at it now!!


Anyways if you are on the fence and worried about the characters....don't fear it. READ the book!! I don't think you will be disappointed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...