Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Read: February 25-29, 2012
read in 4 days
pages: 404


I wouldn't say this was a great read. I'd say it was an ok read. The fact that the character was a ghost was ok I could suspend my belief long enough to go along with that. What bugged me was one about the second or third page said ghost indicates that since she is dead she does not need to "breathe" the air. Yet throughout the book she BREATHES!! And at times after she has been involved with the boy she meets she even pants because she is so overwhelmed with emotion. Really? A ghost? That just seemed a bit too far out for me to go along with since the point was made early on that the ghost doesn't need to breathe.

Its quite obvious that the author is going to work on another book and attempt to make this a series just like most of the teen books coming out now. I wish that authors had enough great stand alone ideas that there wasn't a need to constantly be coming out with series. For me the ending felt forced into becoming an opening for another book. Thing were concluded we really don't need to know what happens between the ghost and the boy she met. All the conflict was resolved with the exception of his grandmother wanting to exorcise her since she thought she was an evil spirit. Ugh. I don't know. I didn't feel enough of a connection to read further whenever another book would be released. I think young girls who like a good love story will enjoy this, but for me a once read through was more than enough to say I'm done.

Oh and call me a sucker AGAIN cause I judged the book by its pretty cover. That was what convinced me to pick it up from the library anyways = )

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...