Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Read: November 26-December 27, 2011
read in a month
pages: 387


I'm still working on my thoughts for this book. I liked it. I didn't really dislike anything about the book. I wish it hadn't taken so long to read. It took getting past the first 150 pages just to feel invested in the characters and for the plot to start taking shape and things moving the direction they should be moving. At that point I didn't want to put it down. I kept getting lost up to that point because it felt like there was so much going on that I couldn't keep up with everything. I think part of is was there was too much going on in my life at the time to stay focused when I was reading, and I had far too long of stretches.

I liked the characters, and how things ended. I won't give anything away. I'll admit that yes this may take a bit to read but its not a bad story once you get into it. I'm not the only person who noticed it took a while to read. I mentioned reading it to a couple co-workers who also remarked the same thing....its a time consuming read, but worth it in the end. One mentioned that it seemed like there was an agenda to her story. I follow the author on twitter and asked her and she responded (!!!!) what did I mean by an agenda? And that if she needed to ask then its probably just a story. I take away from it that its a story and there wasn't a certain message meant to be taken from it though someone could easily make one if they so chose too.

I'd like to come back to this and write a proper review because this does not properly do so, but at I still can't figure out what I want to say about the book aside from there were some beautiful characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...