Friday, November 18, 2011

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Read November 12-15, 2011
read in 3 days
pages: 476



Wow. Okay what is it with this author and writing cliff hangers lately? I just finished City of Fallen Angles prior to reading this one and now this one is the same way! Two cliff hangers in a row. I'm not liking it since I hate to wait so long for the NEXT books!! Well actually with this series luckily I won the ARC a few weeks ago and was able to start that one the next day.

I'm not sure what kept me reading this book other than the Shadowhunter world. I'm drawn into it and fascinated. I'm not entirely sure why. The action was lacking up til the end, which of course as I said does leave you hanging, though not quite as bad as it was in City of Fallen Angels. I liked the characters through this book though and I guess that is part of the reason I kept reading. I really love Jem. Seems like a great guy. Very sweet and kind and quite a contrast to Will. Tessa she is tolerable, though nothing too fabulous either as far as heroines go. Will was a straight up jerk through the majority of this book. Sure there are flashes where you think maybe, just maybe he will change, but no he doesn't. From what I can tell in this next book, Clockwork Prince, its a front thank goodness and he at least has reason for acting the way he does. May not be the best way to go about it but he is only 17 and this is the only way he can come up with dealing with it. So I'll cut him some slack at that.`That being said I'm liking Will alot more now with Clockwork Prince. But I'm stll digging Jem more!!!

I'm interested enough to see how things turn out despite being annoyed with the cliff hanger. Proof positive that the cliff hanger maneuver will work! Not sure if the series is meant to be strictly a trilogy that mysteriously becomes a six part series or what. Knowing Clare she will have something up her sleeve to through everything all out of whack again. Leaving me wanting more!

My recommendation is if you enjoyed the Mortal Instruments series, then give this one a shot. I don't agree with what I've read that this is pretty much the Mortal Instruments series all over again but in 1800's London. Honestly it doesn't feel that way to me. I can see the possibility of a love triangle though like that in the Mortal Instruments series, so thats a similarity beyond the Shadowhunter/werewolf/vampire/faerie/warlock world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...