Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

Read: August 27-31, 2013
read in 5 days
pages: 256

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Book blurb:

A brilliantly imaginative and poignant fairy tale from the modern master of wonder and terror, The Ocean at the End of the Lane is Neil Gaiman's first new novel for adults since his #1 New York Times bestseller Anansi Boys.

This bewitching and harrowing tale of mystery and survival, and memory and magic, makes the impossible all too real...


This book was not what I was expecting at all, but I can't honestly say what I was expecting from it. I don't tend to read reviews because I end up letting them sway me away from reading when one person posts a bad review of a novel I'm interested in. I also did not read too deeply into the book blurb to figure out what to expect, so I'd say my expectations were unbiased aside from the fact that I generally enjoy Neil Gaiman's novels on the whole.

I'd say this was no different a situation in that I enjoyed the novel and it reads very quickly. Especially once I was sucked into the plot. It is unique as most of Neil Gaiman's books are, and the story has a very creative and interesting cast of characters. The events that take place are unlike anything you read in other novels because they are tinged with this child-like imagination and a hint of fantasy that make Gaiman's writing so unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...