Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Read: May 11-21, 2012
read in 10 days
pages: 325


I was once again disappointed. I can't say that I'm all that shocked. I've been getting more and more disappointed with this series as it progresses. Did you know that the book before this was the original end. Or okay lets say that originally Harris was only signed on for 10 books. This is book 11. She was signed on for an additional 3. I'm not sure that they were needed. I'm sure it has to do with the publishing company seeing the possibility of raking in more dough, but honestly Harris has been churning out filler and keeps dragging her readers along without giving any kind of conclusion or something solid to go on. When is Sookie ever going to have some kind of peace? Is she permanently doomed to be in limbo in all areas of her life? I mean I know she is an outcast and her life really didn't get interesting until she met Bill Compton but come on! Give the girl a break. I thought maybe we would see some mellowing in her life at least in terms of her relationship when she finally came to terms with the fact that she loved Eric....and he actually admits to loving her.....BUT no! We have to throw in some drama and make it even harder for Sookie to be with Eric. Ugh. I'm sick of the drama. I don't think I'll continue with the series. I think I'll give in and have a friend tell me about the 12th book. You know why I'm not going to read any further in the series??? Because I know from past experiences when reading these books that the ONE thing you most want to see a conclusion to will only slightly be touched upon in the next book. For example I'd like to know if Sookie goes back to Bill, or does she leave both Eric and Bill? And if so what then? She already knew before both of them that a normal existence was not within her realm of possibility. Who knows. At this point I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of 2013 and Early 2014 Reading Recap

It has been so long since I last sat down to write here and I'd like to TRY to get back to it..... Easiest way to do that without k...