Hello All! Today's blog features an interview with L.M. Stull, author of A Thirty-Something Girl . I recently read and reviewed the novel a couple weeks ago and was excited when she agreed to the interview. I want to thank L.M. for so kindly agreeing to the interview and for taking the time out of her schedule to tell us a little about her novel and herself. What inspired you to write A Thirty-Something Girl? One night after my ex-husband and I had split, I lay wide awake thinking about my life and all the good and bad things in it, all the good and bad things I did. And I knew this story needed to be written. I wrote it more as a therapy for myself. And also for other women (and men) out there. I felt (and still do feel today) that so many of us feel lonely (and very lost) at one point or another in our lives. And I guess I wanted people to know that they aren't really alone. Ever. And that being happy really is as simple as deciding what outfit to wear – it'...
Book blurb from Harper Collins: There is a book for everything... Somewhere in the vast Library of the Universe, as Natalie thought of it, there was a book that embodied exactly the things she was worrying about. In the wake of a shocking tragedy, Natalie Harper inherits her mother's charming but financially strapped bookshop in San Francisco. She also becomes caretaker for her ailing grandfather Andrew, her only living relative-not counting her scoundrel father. But the gruff, deeply kind Andrew has begun displaying signs of decline. Natalie thinks it's best to move him to an assisted living facility to ensure the care he needs. To pay for it, she plans to close the bookstore and see the derelict but valuable building on historic Perdita Street, which is in need of constant fixing. There's only one problem-Grandpa Andrew owns the building and refuses to sell. Natalie adores her grandfather; she'll do whatever it takes to make his final years happy. Besides, she loves...
Book Blurb from Penguin Random House: When Laura Costello moves to Los Angeles, trying to escape an overprotective family and the haunting memories of a terrible accident, she doesn’t expect to be homeless after a week. (She’s pretty sure she didn’t start that fire — right?) She also doesn’t expect to find herself adopted by a rogue bookseller, installed in a lovely but completely illegal boardinghouse, or challenged to save a losing trivia team from ignominy…but that’s what happens. Add a regretful landlady, a gorgeous housemate and an ex-boyfriend determined to put himself back in the running and you’ll see why Laura isn’t really sure she’s cut out for this adulting thing. Luckily for her, her new friends Nina, Polly and Impossibly Handsome Bob aren’t sure either, but maybe if they put their heads (and hearts) together they’ll be able to make it work. My Thoughts: The book follows a wonderful cast of characters, and if you are familiar with Abbi Waxman's other novels, you...
Comments
Post a Comment